For more than 30 years in her role as an entrepreneur and 10 years as a diplomat, Madam Do Lien has organized more than 100 charitable activities toward individuals; schools and organizations with a total budget up to hundreds of billions VND. Prominent among them are programs, such as “Nhà Sach Đón Tết” (continuously from 2014 – now); Nelson Mandela Day charity activities; Relay to school; Spring in remote Island, etc. Those are Madam Do Lien’s relentless contributions, thereby giving the future and hope to tens of thousands of upland children, by building & renovating schools for them. She herself overcame challenging roads to bring warm clothes, spreading the fire of love to children across the country. In addition, thousands of elderly people have received the sharing of happiness from Madam Do Lien. She also attracts more than 100 thousand students accompanying her in numerous volunteer journeys.
- On the occasion of the announcement of Shark Tank The Purpose, Madam Đỗ Liên – The President of the Project sponsored 50 computers to Thanh Loà Junior High School, Cao Lộc, Lạng Sơn Province and Nậm Ban Semi-boarding Ethnic School, Nậm Nhùn, Lai Châu Province
- Supported 30 cases of elderly, wandering children and students with difficult circumstances on the occasion of the 10th Anniversary of Madam Do Lien to assume the role of Honorary Consul and the establishing the South African Consulate Office in Ho Chi Minh City (2009-2019); Celebrating 25 years of South African Freedom Day (April 27, 1994 – April 17, 2019).
- Giving 100 million VND worth of gifts on International women’s day (08/03/2019) to shelters, charity class: Tình Mẹ 2, Hoa Hồng and Hoà Hoả in HCM City, worth.
- Sponsored 150 million VND to the program “Tết sum vầy – Xuân yêu thương 2019” organized by Người Tiêu Dùng Newspaper.
- Donated worth 200 million VND at the launching ceremony “Nhà sạch đón Tết 2019” in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Sponsored 3 shelters: Bừng Sáng, Linh Xuân and Ánh Dương; 50 million VND for each facility.
- Look after 5 underprivileged elderly, support 3 million VND monthly until death.
- Build 6 classroom, presented warm clothes to Chiềng Sơ elementary school Dien Bien Dong district, Dien Bien province, worth 150 million VND.
- Donated 5.5 billion VND at the 24th South Africa Independence Day event, including:
– Donated 1 billion VND to Hoa Binh province’s fund for the poor;
– Donated 20 houses of gratitude worth 1 billion VND to Gia Lam Province Poverty Reduction Fund, Hanoi;
–Donated 1 billion VND to gratitude fund and underprivilege children fund of Tay Ninh Province.
– Donated 500 million VND for poverty reduction fund & 1 cultural house worth 300 million to Hau Giang province; Chau Thanh district
– Donated to Ben Tre Province’s Fund for the Poor; Social Security Fund of Tra Vinh Province 500 million VND;
– Donated 10 gratitude houses worth 500 million VND to Ben Tre Province Poverty Fund;
– Donated 150 million VND to a kindergarten in Dien Bien Dong district;
– Donated Navy forces 5 gratitude houses worth 350 million VND
– Donated 200 scholarships to Nguyen Dinh Chieu Special High School, worth 100 million VND;
– Donated 234 shirts and 100 scholarships worth 50 million VND to the Social Protection Center for disadvantaged children.
- Donated 20 million VND worth of banh chung and Tet lucky money to the Social Security Center for disadvantaged children,
- Give scholarships worth 20 million VND for Hoang Mai Hanh, Mộc Ly High School and 30 million VND worth of gifts to Tan Lac high school, Hoa Binh Province.
- Donated worth 120 million VND at the launching ceremony “Nhà sạch đón Tết 2019” in Ho Chi Minh City.
Giving new clothes and Tet gifts to 134 lonely elderly at Lam Quang Pagoda (District 8) worth 25 million VND.
- Donated 100 million VND to rebuild clean vegetable garden for soldiers of DK1 rig after the flood season.
- Donated 5 gratitude houses worth 350 million VND for the program “Tet in remote island” organized by the Naval Command.
- Donated 3,000 warm clothes, wool boots and hats to nearly 3,000 students and teachers at secondary schools, primary schools and preschools in two districts, Nam Nga and Muong Te, worth 150 million VND.
Organized the Mid-Autumn Festival event and donate 200 gifts to the Social Protection Center for disadvantaged children, worth 22 million VND.
- Donated to the “Relay to school” Fund of Tuoi Tre Newspaper and flood victims in Lao Cai province 200 million VND.
- Supported Tay Ninh provincial gratitude fund 1 billion VND
- Charitable activities celebrating Nelson Mandela International Day:
– Donated 50 scholarships worth 50 million VND to Nguyen Dinh Chiểu Special School.
– Donated 30 million VND worth of cakes, candies and milk to the Social Protection Center for disadvantaged children.
- Organized the program “Love nature and make friends with the environment”. Visited and donated gifts, rice, milk, cakes and more than 200 educational books on nature, environmental protection, pet care and coloring books, crayons, … at the Social Protection Center for disadvantaged children in Ho Chi Minh City, worth of 100 million VND.
- On the occasion of celebrating South African National day in 2017, 5 gratitude houses worth of 350 million VND were donated to the Naval Command, through the Vu A Dinh Scholarship Fund owned by former Vice President Truong My Hoa. Chairman of the Fund.
- Donated 50 gifts, worth 50 million VND to cancer patients at HCMC Blood and Hematology Hospital
- Donated 5 billion VND to the “For the Poor” Fund of Hau Giang province, 2017.
- Donated worth 120 million VND at the launching ceremony “Nhà sạch đón Tết 2017” in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Donated 150 million VND to Tuoi Tre newspaper fund for supporting flood victims in the Central region flood, 30 million VND to HCMC Police newspaper.
- Donated 500 million VND to the “For the Poor” Fund of Tay Ninh Province in 2016.
- Donated 10 billion VND to renovate and upgrade martyrs Cemetery in Hau Giang province, in 2016.
- Donated 20 houses of gratitude to Ben Tre province, worth 500 million VND, in 2016.
- Donated 20 gratitude houses with a total value of 1 billion VND to Ben Tre province and give Tay Ninh province 500 million VND on the occasion of South African National Day event, in 2016.
- Donated 100 million VND at the launching ceremony “Nhà sạch đón Tết 2017” in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Giving new clothes and Tet gifts to 134 lonely elderly at Lam Quang Pagoda (District 8) worth 25 million VND
- Donated 100 million VND worth of gifts to the Huyen Trang Humanitarian Center at Huyen Trang pagoda on the occasion of Nelson Mandela day.
- Visited and donated 50 million VND worth of backpacks, confectionery, cash for oncology patients, District 2 Hospital.
- Visited and donated 50 million VND worth of backpacks, confectionery, cash for patients at Oncology Hospital.
- Visited and donated 10 million VND to organize international day event for students at Nguyen Dinh Chieu Special High School.
- Donated 50 million VND scholarship, 2 guitars worth 40 million VND to Nguyen Dinh Chieu High School on the occasion of the 21st anniversary of South African Freedom Day.
- Visited and donated 200 lucky money envelopes worth of 40 million VND to pediatric patients with Kidney diseases and Oncology at Children Hospital 2
- Visited and donated warm clothes worth VND 50 million to students in border communes of Hua Bum and Nam Ban, Nam Nhun district (Lai Chau) with Tuoi Tre newspaper,
- Sponsored 50 million VND to renovate 2 ancient tombs in Xuan Mai village.
- Donated VND 40 million in cash and 800 jackets worth VND 40 million to students in Lai Chau in the program “Tet for frontier students” organized by Tuoi Tre newspaper.
- Sponsored 60 million VND to organize Mini class & show program, providing knowledge of using wine in communication to students in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Visited and donated 100 gifts worth VND 80 million to poor children and blind people in Hue.
- Visited and donated gifts worth 50 million VND to victims of Agent Orange at the Agent Orange / Dioxin
- Victim Help Center and the disabled in Vinh Phuc Province.
- Donated 50 million VND to build a kindergarten in Gia Tuong commune, Nho Quan district, Ninh Binh province.
- Donated 20 million VND to the program “Together to protect the East Sea sovereignty” launched by Tuoi Tre newspaper.
- Sponsored VND 200 million for the “Vượt qua bóng tối” photo exhibition of photographer Tran The Phong.
- Supported 300 million VND to build and sponsored 50 million VND worth of furniture for Phuc Thang Ward Cultural House, Phuc Yen Town, Vinh Phuc Province
- Supporting 50 million VND and 1,000 T-shirts worth 100 million VND for the program “New Year’s gift for friends” of Tuoi Tre newspaper.
- Visited and donated gifts worth 30 million VND to children at Saigon Station Shelter.
- Responded to the appeal of HCMC Police newspaper to support VND 10 million for flood victims in Kon
- Tum during the storm No. 8.
- Support 50 million VND to build Lam San kindergarten, Cam My district, Dong Nai.
- Awarded 100 scholarships worth 50 million VND to Cham students in District 8, HCMC on Nelson Mandela Day.
- Donated 10 tons of rice to the indigenous peoples of Tay Nguyen Province, worth 100 million VND.
- Awarded 50 scholarships and gifts worth 50 million VND to poor children in the ” Tiếp bước cho em đến trường ” program in the 2013-2014 school year in Binh Phuoc province.
- Visited and donated 100 gifts & 10 gifts in cash worth VND 20 million for hematology-endocrinology and hematologic oncology – Children Hospital 2
- Donated gift of 30 million VND to disadvantaged children at Lien Hoa Pagoda, District 8 on Nelson Mandela Day.
- Visited and donated gifts to shelters in Ho Chi Minh City worth 30 million VND on International Children’s Day.
- Donated 3 billion VND to build 2 kindergartens in Quang Minh, Chon Thanh communes, Binh Phuoc
- Province and Thanh Tan, Thanh Liem communes, Ha Nam Province.
- Organized for the South African Youth Union to visit and give presents to pediatric oncology worth 50 million.
- Supported Tuoi Tre newspaper 40 million VND, implementing the program “Thuy’s dream”; donated 200 gifts to pediatric oncology in HCMC.
- Sponsored 1.5 billion VND to build Poko suspension bridge in Kon Tum province in respond to the appeal of HCMC Police newspaper.